Download Word Cookies Free Game 100%
Word Cookies is an extremely easy word game to jump into. You just swipe between letters to create words, then let go of the screen to submit your creation. If it's correct, you're one step closer to finishing the level; if it's wrong, no biggie.
Let's Get Baking
It's mostly just tracing out words, but there are a few things to look out for.
- Take your time. There's no timer, and no penalty for guessing incorrectly. If you're having trouble (eventually), slow down and give yourself time to ponder the letters in front of you.
- Shuffle it up. Are the letters in the tray not making sense to you? Tap the Shuffle button to mix up their order. It doesn't affect your score, and a different alignment may help new words stand out to you.
- Pay attention to the blank spots. You can see how many words of varying lengths you need to complete a level at the top – denoted by the empty squares. Keep track of how many of what you need, so you don't waste effort trying to find words that won't actually help you complete the puzzle.
- Keep an eye on your completed words. Every time you put a proper word together for the level's solution, it'll show up on the list at the top of the screen. Not only will this help you keep track of what you've already spelled, but there's an order to the list that can help with other spelling. For example, all the three letter words in a given puzzle that begin with 'R' will be grouped together, so if there's a gap between two R words on the list you know you can spell one more.
- Completed words in the list can also help you figure out what you're missing. Sometimes it's easier to look at the words you have and imagine rearranging those letters than it is to look at the jumble of letters you have in the cookie tray.
- Get a hint. If you're stuck on one last word, you can spend 25 coins to get a hint that will reveal the first letter of that word. If you're still having trouble, you can spend another 25 for another hint and see the second letter as well, and so on. If there's more than one word left unsolved, the hint will be applied to the word closest to the top/left of the list and progress down from there.
- Don't overthink things. More often than not, the words you need to complete a level are actually quite simple. If you get hung up looking for more complex words you're likely to miss the easier ones. Shuffling and whatnot can help, but if you want to avoid spending coins on hints you'll want to keep this in mind.
Word Cookies is functionally just fine. It's a word game, and word games are generally quite enjoyable. The problem is it takes far too long to present any sort of real challenge – time that could be better spent playing other more satisfying word games.